THE FUN STARTS IN ........

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

FQ BINGO !!! WHO WANTS TO PLAY !!!


YES!  We WILL be playing FQ Bingo at the Circle of Friends Retreat in Branson ... what would a retreat be without it?  It's gonna be F-U-N ... FUN!

~ Each card will be 4 FQs .  You are limited to ONE card per game.

~ We will have an UGLY category ... you can throw in AS MANY FQs AS YOU LIKE, BUT STILL ONLY PLAY ONE CARD ... it's a good way to give some of those "uglies" a good home to go to !  And just because the category might be "uglies", beauty IS in the eye of the beholder!  I've done "ugly" swaps, and from what I received, I was blown away at the BEAUTY that people were passing on as rejects!  Sometimes the "ugly" stack is just fabrics that you've bought too much of ... you're tired of looking at it ... you want to trade for some perfect GREEN ! 

So the FABRICS we will be playing with and for are ~~

~ ASIAN fabrics ... those gorgeous Orientals! (4 FQs per player)
~ REPRODUCTION fabrics ~ can be Civil War, 30's or other repro (4 FQs per player)
~ FALL ~ Gotta have those FABULOUS fall fabrics! {NO HALLOWEEN} (4 FQs per player)
~ BATIKS !!!  What would a party be without Batiks!!! (4 FQs per player)
~ BLACK & WHITES ~ fabric with black background & white print, or white background & black print (4 FQs per player)
~ NEUTRAL fabrics ~ beiges, tans, off whites, tone on tone lights (4 FQs per player)
~ UGLIES ... Everyone has some they are tired of or wonder WHY they ever bought those!  No limit as to how many go into the pot, but 4 minimum.

and possibly (time permitting)
~ ANYTHING GOES ~ this will be anything you want to throw in, or maybe you won some you don't really want.  Please make sure this is 100% GOOD QUALITY COTTON FABRIC.
This will be the last Bingo game.

Now for those that are flying, if you win big and don't want to carry them in your suitcase, or you do some shopping you just couldn't pass up ~~

WE WILL HAVE PRIORITY MAIL BOXES AND ENVELOPES AT RETREAT FOR ANY ITEMS YOU MAY WISH TO SEND.  THEY WILL BE FLAT RATE, SO YOU CAN WRITE ME A CHECK TO MAIL THEM (WE WILL ALREADY KNOW THE POSTAGE AMOUNT), AND I WILL GET THEM MAILED ON MONDAY AFTER RETREAT.  We will also have DELIVERY CONFIRMATION forms available as well.  Just please MARK ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE PACKAGE "FQ BINGO" ... 

Last year, I mailed my dirty laundry home via USPS and packed up all my fabric purchases and souvenirs in my carryon for the plane :)  I didn't care if my laundry got lost :)

So there's your categories for FAT QUARTER BINGO ... It's a retreat tradition... one we mean to carry on ~ big time! 

And what would the tradition of FQ Bingo be without our awesome bingo caller...  THANK YOU CHANLADY Lois for stepping up as our Bingo caller once again.  When I sought the advice of previous hostesses when I was considering having the retreat come to Branson, the previous hostesses HIGHLY RECOMMENDED Chanlady be kept as Bingo caller ... and after meeting her in NC and seeing her in action, I was MORE than appreciative of her "talents" ...  So THANK YOU LOIS !!!  I know you'll do a great job as Bingo hostess once again.

And remember... the games don't just have one winner!  THEY HAVE MULTIPLE WINNERS!!!

So let's say there's 35 people playing (that's 1/2 the registrations) ... at 4 FQs per game, that's 140 FQs ... if there's 7 winners, that's 20 FQ for your entry of 4 !  Also, there's sometimes MORE than 35 playing at a time, and sometimes more winners ... I know that last year I put my FQs in and won a bingo, and came out with about 2 dozen BEAUTIFUL ASIAN FABRICS!!!  That was a GREAT win ... but more than that, it was GREAT FUN with my friends!!

No one has to play ... but I'm pretty sure you will be wishin you had brought those FQs once you see the fun every has while playing ...

 
And remember ... the Bingo games is where Lena and Olie hang out with Chanlady !  

Hey........ that doesn't look like Lena! 

No comments:

I'm a member of the Ozark Piecemakers Quilt Guild

I'm a member of the Ozark Piecemakers Quilt Guild

Branson Scenery

Branson Scenery
Table Rock Lake has over 800 miles of shoreline!