THE FUN STARTS IN ........

Friday, July 29, 2011

HAD SOME FUN THIS WEEK!

I had some GREAT fun this week visiting Branson !  It IS one of my favorite places to go... even with the heat and even with the traffic ... did someone say traffic?  Yes, Branson has TRAFFIC during the tourist season, but there are maps in every store or restaurant, with side roads that all us locals take to avoid getting stuck in the downtown or on the strip traffic.  But even with that, Branson has the MOST courteous drivers... it just promotes that kinda atmosphere.  It's not uncommon to have people stop and just let you in... and yes, we still wave when we pass people on the backroads !


My first stop was to the bus company and put down our deposit to reserve our bus for the Springfield Ozark Piecemakers Guild Quilt Show on the Saturday of the retreat.  That was one of the good "pulls" to have it that weekend in Branson!  Quilt shows are always fun, and there's some REALLY good talent and beautiful work to see.  Lots of vendors and eye candy everywhere!

I went to our condos to work out a couple details in my mind, and visited my friend who helps me.  It was SO beautiful there !  The crepe myrtles were blooming, and the golf course was really lush and green.  They will be working on a special price for our retreaters and/or guests who like to golf!  I'll publish that as soon as I know what it is :)

We went over the room set up and some details about our sewing room and classes, where we'll have the boutique, where we will eat, which patio we'll be using, that sort of thing. 



As time gets closer, we will be adjusting and readjusting details and agenda items ... and y'all will be getting info.   This place is really working nicely with us to make this the best time y'all would expect!  And they are ALL ABOUT showing visitors a good time in Branson ... more on that later :)


I hope y'all are getting as excited as we are!  
We can't wait to meet all everyone in September 2012!  C'mon to Branson ... you'll feel like you're family !



1 comment:

Shawkl said...

Everything looks wonderful, and I can hardly wait!! Appreciate all the hard work the committee is doing behind the scenes to make this a great retreat for all of us!
Kathy

I'm a member of the Ozark Piecemakers Quilt Guild

I'm a member of the Ozark Piecemakers Quilt Guild

Branson Scenery

Branson Scenery
Table Rock Lake has over 800 miles of shoreline!